Apply for a Workshop
The Reel Works Fellows Program
The Reel Works Fellows Program allows for craft specialization through their individualized study and artistic practice. Students will apply to be a fellow in a specific craft. The fellow’s program is the most advanced form of study offered at Reel Works, and includes a full year of programming and internship. As a cohort, the students will create new and more sophisticated work, gain individualized study with a professional mentor, and collectively focus on film studies and media literacy.
The Fellows program is designed so that students will:
- Reflect on their filmmaking strengths and select a discipline of concentration;
- Learn how to hone their artistic skills and interests into a direct career path;
- Work 1:1 with a professional mentor in the discipline of his or her choice;
- Create an original capstone project;
- Earn Advanced MediaMKRS badges representing their skills;
- Participate in paid internships in their discipline;
- Create portfolios for college applications;
- Visit movie sets and post-production houses to learn about careers; and
- Create personal education and career plans with the support of a network of industry professionals.
Each Fellow will also participate in a paid internship through Reel Works’ Reel Futures Media Internship program. Chances are these advanced Reel Works students will already have participated in at least one media internship which will have already introduced them to the professional world of media making. The goal will be to match Fellows with settings that align with their chosen disciplines.
Age 15-22 (exceptions will be made at the discretion of the education team) fill out an application with resume, work sample and essay(s) must be able to commit to a full year of programming including a paid 150-hour internship
Fellowships in one of these areas
Fridays from 4:30-6:30pm
NEXT DEADLINE TO APPLY
The application for The Reel Works Fellows Program is Open.
Online application includes:
- Work sample (reel, finished films or online content)
- Proposed Project – Writer and Directors only
- Written Statement – Producers Only
- Why do you want to help other realize their vision? Why does that satisfy you?
- Personal Statement – ALL
- 500 words
- Prompt – Which track are you applying to and why? What about this craft drives you? What are you interested in learning in this class as a cohort and individually? Where do you see yourself after this program?
- Completion of at least one filmmaking program of similar quality