Be a Mentor
- Fall Documentary Lab: November – March 25th.
- Narrative Lab: November – June 12th.
- Spring Lab: Tentatively March – April.
MENTORS SHOULD BE:
- Armed with professional documentary or narrative filmmaking experience.
- Dedicated to guiding the artistic, academic, and professional aspirations of young people.
- Able to commit to weekly one-on-one mentoring sessions for up to five months.
- With mentors like YOU by their sides, NYC teens are challenged to tell their stories and have their voices heard. In turn, they build vital skills in literacy, leadership, and self-confidence to create productive futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the Reel Works Mentor Application
Email: 1) your resume; and 2) a sample reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will be invited to an individual, in-person interview.
QUESTIONS? Email After-School Coordinator at email@example.com or call 718.768.9000
NOT SURE, BUT YOU’RE INTERESTED? Join Reel Works grads, staff and former mentors for periodic OPEN HOUSES – Email James to find out when the next Open House is!Apply to be a Mentor